Summer School "Immunology at Scales"
When: 02.06.2020 - 05.06.2020
Where: Berlin Wannsee
Limited to 30 participants (PhD students and Postdocs)
The Bonn Cluster of Excellence ImmunoSensation proudly presents its Summer School on Immunology. Leading experts in life sciences and mathematics will teach and discuss research, techniques and methods. This competitive and high quality training is open to ambitious students and postdocs with an excellent scientific track record. Close personal communication of participants with the speakers is guaranteed. Interaction will be fostered by small group events and networking activities. The conference venue Schwanenwerder at the Wannsee is located on one side very central to Germany's capital - in only 30 minutes you can reach Berlin's main train station. On the other hand, there is the perfect opportunity to concentrate on the essentials and to have intensive conversations and discussions in the green and quiet landscape, situated directly at the lake.
The Topics of the Summer School are:
- microscopic level (sensing, processing, signalling pathways)
- mesoscopic level (cell-cell interaction, chemotaxis)
- macroscopic level (organ-specific responses)
- multiscale approaches (explaining immune responses)
The goals of the Summer School "Immunology at Scale" are:
- Stimulate curiosity and inspiration for the kissing points of immunology and advanced technology
- Equip graduate students and young postdocs with advanced knowledge required to unravel complex immunological networks.
- Provide an outstanding opportunity to establish scientific networks
Eligible applicants: Graduate students and young postdocs with background in natural sciences and medicine of the Bonn Cluster of Excellence ImmunoSensation.